The Nation of Urizen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nation of Urizen

A Board for Players of Profound Decisions' Empire Larp, from the Urizen nation.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A forum Idea.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thor Odinson

Character sheet
IC Name: Thor
Spire: HAMMER
Archetype: HAMMER

A forum Idea. Empty
PostSubject: A forum Idea.   A forum Idea. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Hey guys,

An idea for the forums -
Can we make the public area have posts relating to The nation as a whole, and the individual groups?

Mostly so that if people are unsure if they want to join Urizen, we can provide short, sharp info that they can instantly read, and don't need to sign up to see.
I only ask, as I know a couple of people unsure of characters, and I'd like to link them to here, but the general forum is allll of Darrens 'What we knoe so Far..' posts - Which are awesome, but maybe belong more in a 'You;re in Urizen, now lets talk about what it means to us' style.. An the public is to 'Sell' it or just say who we are, and maybe a few contact deets.

Just a thought, Its was long commute, and the mind wanders :p
Back to top Go down
Camillius

Camillius

Character sheet
IC Name: Camillius
Spire:
Archetype: Seer

A forum Idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forum Idea.   A forum Idea. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 pm

We already have the three levels - Public, National & Group level forums. This one is in the public level, as are all the 'What We Know' threads.
These should be accessible without registering/logging in.

National level groups require being registered & logged in.

Group level requires group owner permissions.

Least that's how I understand it. Chris, can you confirm?
Back to top Go down
Thor Odinson

Character sheet

A forum Idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forum Idea.   A forum Idea. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Awesome.

Thats being said, can I urge the group leaders to make a post outlining your group for newcomers? Also get together and make an overall 'Welcome to Urizen - We are mostly mages, with a <insrt style here> feel. Our camp has a restaurant, bar, college and many IC chillout spots'

If they want more detail we can link them to other threads talking about Costume, which comedy accent etc. that have been loosely agree'd on (based on 'what we know' and what is genrally decided)

Also list the groups we currently have and if they are looking for more people, and what sort. I have no doubt that there are a couple more groups out there, and it would be great to touch base before event one.

Excelsior.
Back to top Go down
Marcus

Marcus

Character sheet
IC Name: Marcus
Spire: Endsmeet
Archetype: Architect

A forum Idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forum Idea.   A forum Idea. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:43 pm

This topic is already covered here: https://urizen.forumotion.com/t31-how-the-forum-works

Anyone can see and write in the Public boards, if people aren't sure about Urizen then they should first read: http://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Urizen as PD want people to pick their nation based on the background.

Anyone at the moment can join the forum to access the nation board, this will be locked down after event one and only confirmed nation players will be able to access them. Until then, they are also open to the public.

Only the group boards are 100% locked down atm.
Back to top Go down
https://urizen.forumotion.com
Thor Odinson

Character sheet

A forum Idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forum Idea.   A forum Idea. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Maybe even keep a public welcome forum open after event 1? I mean, we gotta be nice to attract people.

Its mostly middle-of-the roaders I'm thinking about. The cultures are pretty self-explanatory, but aswell as the culture people are always going to be looking for nice people to play with. I mean, no matter how much you love a culture, you would go for second best if you didn't like the people.

All I'm suggesting is keep the doors open, and let people into the hallway. If they like what they see they can sign up, and see the living room. Its also a nice repositoy for a simmered down version of who WE are which will change during uptime - Even though the basic remain the same. We MIGHT end up at war with one of the other nations.. That may be public, and worth letting prospective players know.Thinks like that.

Also say that girls get in free on saturdays.

::EDIT::
I mean, The recruitment is only visible AFTER you join a culture. Joining a game in my eyes has as much to do with the group as the country.
Back to top Go down
Marcus

Marcus

Character sheet
IC Name: Marcus
Spire: Endsmeet
Archetype: Architect

A forum Idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forum Idea.   A forum Idea. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Okay, point taken. I'll move the recruitment to public, but the nation board will still be locked. Don't want other nation seeing our private nation plans.
Back to top Go down
https://urizen.forumotion.com
Thor Odinson

Character sheet

A forum Idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A forum Idea.   A forum Idea. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Oh of course, Groups need secrets!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content