The Nation of Urizen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nation of Urizen

A Board for Players of Profound Decisions' Empire Larp, from the Urizen nation.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What We Know So Far: Character Generation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Asherven

Asherven

Character sheet
IC Name: Aesher
Spire: Endsmeet
Archetype: Architect/Sentinel

What We Know So Far: Character Generation Empty
PostSubject: What We Know So Far: Character Generation   What We Know So Far: Character Generation EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:32 am

PD recently put up the wiki pages covering all the game rules and the basics of character generation.
Empire Wiki - Rules
Empire Wiki - Skills (Character Generation)
Empire Wiki - Resources

In brief;
At generation a character gets 8pts to spend on starting skills and must pick a personal resource.
Only one personal resource can be controlled at a time, although a character may control more than one campaign resource.

Character advancement is now 1pt if you attend one or two events, 2pts if you attendf three or four. You may store points for future skills, and can even be spent on the next character should your current character either retire or be killed.
Skill points can be spent on the event so long as you can find someone IC to 'mentor' you, perform a suitable roleplay, and then inform GOD and spend the point(s).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashwop.net
Frankablu

Frankablu

Character sheet
IC Name: Cometas
Spire: Endsmeet
Archetype:

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far: Character Generation   What We Know So Far: Character Generation EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 am

I like what I'm seeing.

So the combat and magic specials are per day.
Hero points and Personal Mana.

Everyone gets a personal resource.

Wield mage staff * checks * Yeah my staff is still good.

Healing by inspirational speeches.

Get it Together
You may restore three body hits to a companion who still has body hits remaining by expending a hero point and performing at least five seconds of uninterrupted appropriate roleplaying encouraging them to pull themselves together. It does not restore the use of a limb that has been CLEAVED or IMPALED.
Back to top Go down
Thor Odinson

Character sheet
IC Name: Thor
Spire: HAMMER
Archetype: HAMMER

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far: Character Generation   What We Know So Far: Character Generation EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Its the 'Man the F*** up!' call. I like it.

I'm not entirely convinced by the advancement - There is only a reward, and opportunity to advance, for doing 1 or 3 events in a year. Kindof seems like a gyp for those who will do 2 or have the commitment of 4.
no doubt this has been spoken about around the ref table, but it would be interesting to see why they went with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far: Character Generation   What We Know So Far: Character Generation Empty

Back to top Go down

What We Know So Far: Character Generation
Page 1 of 1