The Nation of Urizen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nation of Urizen

A Board for Players of Profound Decisions' Empire Larp, from the Urizen nation.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What We Know So Far - Lineage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Camillius

Camillius

Character sheet
IC Name: Camillius
Spire:
Archetype: Seer

What We Know So Far - Lineage Empty
PostSubject: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Ok.. usual caveat here about how stuff can change lots of times before Empire actually begins.

We understand that each nation of Empire will have an Avatar. This is an NPC character that is very definately NOT HUMAN. We could think of them as deities, but that's not exactly true (although I do think they are likely immortal).

No doubt Avatar's can change their shape (which will allow PD to continue to use each avatar regardless of crew availability) but each has certain traits that make them who they are.

These avatars represent the 'spirit' of the nation.

Although all players are human (except the Orcs.. who I suspect don't get an Avatar.. least not at the start), human bloodlines can and do contain the avatar's blood. Thus some humans will share traits with the avatar of their nation.

The more you phys-rep traits that match your nation's avatar, the closer your bloodline is to the avatar and thus to the nation's spirit. As a result.. your character will be as-yet-to-be-determined snacky powers.
I'm guessing this will work like Maelstrom's blessings.

Say your avatar is a horned, winged, red-skinned demon.
If your character had one of the above traits.. you'd get a level 1 snacky.
two traits.. a level 2 snacky. etc...

We've no information on what ANY of the avatars are.. yet. But if in keeping with the Rivendell theme that was suggested so far for Osiron's costumes.. I'm guessing pointy ears, wings and golden skin. This is a complete and utter guess of course..

Last edited by Zendrik on Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Camillius

Camillius

Character sheet
Spire:

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:40 am

An email to PD has revealed at least the first of the misconceptions with our information so far..

The Egregores (that's what we've so far referred to as Avatars) have nothing to do with lineage..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Matthew Pennington [mailto:matt@profounddecisions.co.uk]
Sent: 01 May 2012 15:49
To: Darren Hosein
Subject: Re: Fwd: Empire - Osiron query

Hi Darren,

I'm afraid there isn't any information yet, as that nation's brief is still being written. We are hoping to release more information soon.

I've had a look at your forum, I've noticed there are a few points that are definitely wrong, for instance, the egregore, the heart (spirit) of the nation, is nothing like an avatar or a god, and categorically has nothing to do with lineage. I realize that doesn't really help you, other than to provoke more questions, all I can say is that I suggest you don't make any final categoric decisions about what you're doing for another 4-6 weeks. Hopefully by then you'll have more information.

Matt P,
PD.

Hello,
I'm starting to put together a group for Empire next year for one of the (so far) less-revealed factions. The mages of Osiron(?).
We've put together a small forum at https://urizen.forumotion.com/ which you'd be welcome to come take a look at, contribute suggestions/ideas... laugh at our misconceptions etc...

I wondered if there was any further information you could send us that might help us get organised in terms of background, costume etc...?

Thanks in advance
Darren (PID 997)

Back to top Go down
Marcus

Marcus

Character sheet
IC Name: Marcus
Spire: Endsmeet
Archetype: Architect

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Okay so Event 2 is in three weeks, so 4-6 until website I guess?

Big message here is we need to wait a little longer...
Back to top Go down
https://urizen.forumotion.com
Marcus

Marcus

Character sheet
IC Name: Marcus
Spire: Endsmeet
Archetype: Architect

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:36 pm

PD down.... Oh, Empire update?
Back to top Go down
https://urizen.forumotion.com
Camillius

Camillius

Character sheet
Spire:

PostSubject: New Update from PD   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:08 am

Lineage
Human PCs may choose one of five different lineages. Lineage represents Eternal blood in a character’s ancestry. The degree of Eternal blood varies, the more obvious and dramatically non-human a player’s phys-rep then the more Eternal blood they have.

Each lineage will have a list of roleplaying and physical “Trappings”, to give guidance on how to play the lineage. The more of the Trappings the player adopts for their character the more “Eternal” and less human their character is. Lineage has no impact on a character’s skills or abilities, but will affect the way other Eternals interact with a character.
Back to top Go down
Camillius

Camillius

Character sheet
Spire:

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:41 am

OK.. another of our early misconceptions is blown. There's no mechanical game advantage to phys-repping a character of eternal blood.
It's a role-play advantage only.

Also - if there are only 5 lineages, then there isn't 1 per nation.
So my inference, there are only 5 eternals... or not all of them dallied with humans.

Back to top Go down
Camillius

Camillius

Character sheet
Spire:

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am

OK.. we now know that the earlier reference to 5 lineages was likely a typo. There are 6 lineages, to match 6 Eternals and 6 Realms of Magic.

We don't have a complete list of lineages, much less anything like phys-rep requirements but here's best guess so far based on information in this and other threads:

1) Winter/Cambion. White-skinned, Spiky, Horns - Cold, Calculating, Ruthless
2) Summer/Fey. Changlings..
3) Night/Naga. Snakes
4) Day/Merrow. Fish-men. Phys-Rep to include prosthetic gills on the neck.
5) Spring/Briars. Dryads or Treants.. or something similar.
6) Autumn/Draugr. 'Ghoulish'.

There's somewhat of a clash between the info we've heard/remembered so far particularly with the Winter/Autumn Cambion/Draugr lineages so these two should probably be taken with a bigger pinch of salt than usual.
Although obviously we'll find out plenty more shortly on the wiki tomorrow (here's hoping...)
Back to top Go down
Camillius

Camillius

Character sheet
Spire:

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:31 am

I wonder.. if the traits from lineage are due to Eternal ancestry...

Are mixed-blood lineages a possibility...?
Back to top Go down
Delvy

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:31 pm

The list of lineages is incorrect. The 5 listed was not a typo, we were merely not sure we would be allowing the spring lineage to be playable.

Spring - Briar, Summer - Changeling, Autumn - Cambion, Winter - Draughir, Day - Merrow and Night - Naga.

Single lineage only manifest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What We Know So Far - Lineage   What We Know So Far - Lineage Empty

Back to top Go down

What We Know So Far - Lineage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation of Urizen :: Public Boards :: General Chat-
Jump to: